Saturday, February 16, 2013

'How I wish you were here...'

My love..

I used to ask you:  Do you know how much I love you..?
I thought I knew it myself.. But I didn't....
Until I lost you...

It was a month today..
After I walked Oli to school, I went with Shubhi and Neil to the Amaravati Monastery.
You enjoyed so much coming back there.. I remember the last time we went there together, even Oli.. It was such a happy day.. :)  With an innocent proudness you introduced me then to your Portuguese friend, Appamado.. For you there have never been any external boundaries, monk or not - it was just your brother in heart :)
Today we brought with us one of the meals you enjoyed so much to offer it in the monastery.. Ajahn Jayanto talked to us.. were you there with us?
I felt you were with me.. in me... when we left.
I came out from there with a tiny light in my heart..  it will be my life jacket when next time I feel like I am drowning in pain..

It was very hard since when we returned from Portugal.. Everything reminds me of you.. Every cell of my body is longing for you and yet everywhere I feel only your absence..

Month ago, in those last moments we had, I read you this poem, written by Shubhi for you.. it was meant to be your birthday gift.. I read it to you few times.. somehow it expressed what we all, gathered around you, wanted you to know.. I hoped that those words would bring you peace and help you go..

Now I am reading it to myself, so it brings peace to me and gives me some strengths to live..



***
From our hearts to yours, wrapped in love...
The soft scent of a rose,
The sound of waves lapping on the shore,
The gentle touch of a loved one,
These are our gifts and more...
Deep love and gratitude for you,
Your friendship and inspiration, 
And a wish that your heart may soar
Free and unafraid,
Joyful in the knowledge
That you and I and everyone you know
Are forever held in love's embrace.
***

2 comments:

  1. Dear Justyna,

    I love your writing and your continuation of the blog. It is an amazing thing to do for everybody, thank you. I look forward to seeing you and Oli soon, we're thinking of you. Lots of love,

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Justina,
    Hope you are going through your journey.
    See the email and skype. I've been looking for you.
    Big kisses.
    Carla Damásio

    ReplyDelete